Book an appointment at the Tennessee Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) in advance to save your time.
Schedule an Appointment at TN DMV
To schedule an Road skills test appointment you need to visit Tennessee e-Services portal and select a service you need.
Than enter your:
- Last name
- Date of birth
- Phone number
- SSN number
- Other required information (depends on selected service).
Reschedule or Cancel DMV appointment
Visit the online scheduling system and select “Manage Your Appointment” if you need to cancel or change your DMV appointment time, day or to cancel it.
When is the best time to visit Tennessee DMV?
Don’t want to wait for a long time your turn? Than the best time to visit the Tennessee Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) will vary depending on the specific location, but here are some general tips:
- Avoid Mondays and Fridays – there are usually longer waiting time
- Avoid the days near holidays
- Avoid the first and last days of the month
- Avoid the lunch time and evening hours as there are fewer employees
- Also, make sure you would have enough time for your transaction, especially if you’re taking a test